Изучаем английский язык

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Изучаем английский язык » MASS MEDIA » What foreign mass media do U know and what do U know about them?

What foreign mass media do U know and what do U know about them?

Сообщений 1 страница 30 из 31

I invite U here to share your knowledge about foreign mass media.  :flag:

"Vogue" - is the one of most popular and honour magazin of world. First issue: 1892. Nowadays, editor-in-chief of America is Anna Wintur.

"Time" - an American weekly magazine, with headquarters in New York, covering the rating of people over the period. With a circulation of about 3.4 million ekz.v 2007 is the most popular magazine in the United States.http://uploads.ru/t/5/C/t/5CtFk.jpg

At an English lesson we assorted the newspaper USA Today[/b]. Is the first national daily newspaper in the USA. It is based in Washington (District of Columbia) by the businessman Elam Nyyuykhart. The first issue of the newspaper left on September 15, 1982. The first editor-in-chief of the newspaper — John Saygentaler.
The newspaper has headings: Home, News, Travel, Money, Sports, Life, Tech, Weather.

"The Times" — the daily newspaper in Great Britain, is one of the most known world newspapers. It is published with 1785., nowadays, belongs to the News Corporation, what head - Rupert Murdoch.

The American mass media have no equal in the world by quantity, a variety and technical possibilities.
The freedom of speech in the USA is guaranteed by the Constitution.

Elle is a worldwide magazine of French origin that focuses on women's fashion, beauty, health, and entertainment. Elle is also the world's largest fashion magazine. It was founded by Pierre Lazareff and his wife Hélène Gordon in 1945. The title, in French, means "she".

Vanity Fair is a magazine of pop culture, fashion, and current affairs published by Condé Nast

http://www.shoppingblog.com/pics/christina_aguilera_vanity_fair_italy_2010.jpg

"The Bild" is a German tabloid published by Axel Springer AG.

P.S. it's the yellow press. But many people there love to read it

http://s019.radikal.ru/i637/1204/8b/309f0c9af528.jpg

Отредактировано Alena (2012-04-16 13:20:49)

Girls, U are more active here than the guys  :flag:

Cosmopolitan - international women's magazine. The content includes articles on relationships and sex, health, career, self-improvement, celebrities, and fashion and beauty.
Issued for the first time in the U.S. in 1886, Cosmopolitan is published in Russia since 1994, ID Sanoma Independent Media.

http://uploads.ru/t/W/D/A/WDAax.jpg

I think that foreign mass media are more developed, than in Russia. I like basketball therefore me the slam magazine in the USA interests
Slam Magazine - bright, fashionable and completely devoted to basketball. In each number - the fascinating story about professional, university and school basketball, interview to players, style and fashionis. Together with Slam Magazine readers receive insider information on the players, capable to "make" game.

Отредактировано Сашенька (2012-04-18 06:58:49)

As far as I The New York Times is an American daily newspaper founded and continuously published in New York City since 1851. The New York Times has won 106 Pulitzer Prizes, more than any news organization.

New York Daily News - the sixth volume of circulation daily newspaper in the U.S., the first newspaper printed in tabloid format. The newspaper was founded in 1919, since 2007, its owner and publisher Mortimer Zuckerman is. The newspaper won 10 awards Pulttserovskih

The Daily News of New York City is the fourth most widely circulated daily newspaper in the United States.
http://uploads.ru/i/s/z/O/szOJ5.gif

Harper’s Bazaar is American women's fashion magazine.First published in 1867.

Daily Mail — the mass English daily newspaper. Leaves since 1896. Second-large circulation the daily newspaper in Great Britain (after The Sun).Since 1975 it is published in a compact format.

"Top Gear" - automobile magazine, which is published by "BBC Worldwide", named in honor of the TV show "Top Gear", 1977. The first issue was released in October 1993. Leading transfer - Richard Hammond, James may and Jeremy Clarkson - constantly write articles for the magazine. A racer Stig as well as in the transfer of conducts tests of the car.http://uploads.ru/t/r/Q/e/rQexw.jpg

1609 is the year of birth of European newspapers periodicals. Place of occurrence of the first newspapers - Germany. The newspaper, beginning with the words "Relation: Aller Furnemmen", appeared in January 1609 in Strasbourg, and in it were placed news from Cologne, Antwerp, Rome, Venice, Vienna and Prague. Published weekly, Strasbourg printer Johann Carolus. In the same 1609 appeared in Augsburg "Avisa Relation oder Zeitung" - another weekly newspaper, which published the Luke Schulte.

The first newspaper, very similar to today, according to the French "La Gazette", which was published in May 1631.

Almost 40 years ago in Cape Town was founded by the magazine Fairlady, who became a fount of wisdom, inspiration and support for women in South Africa. Over time, the publication has become one of the most popular women's magazines in the region.
Fairlady talks about the news in the world of fashion and cosmetics, suggests a solution of psychological problems, share recipes and discuss successful with readers the latest political news, books and movies. On "The worst club in the world," says the heading "Psychology." Hardly anyone ever wants to become a member of this organization, but for some the move was a real savior. This is a club for parents who have lost children because of an accident, suicide, violence. Many of its members live in different corners of the globe, and not even know each other personally, but they can always meet in a virtual space on the website of the organization.
Founder of the club was Denise Goldin, six years ago, her son Brett was kidnapped and murdered on the outskirts of Cape Town. Surviving grief she helped a woman who lost her daughter. Support of the so-inspired Denise, that for five years, she has personally visited 40 families, and created a website where anyone caught in this situation, will find understanding and comfort.

The National Geographic magazine is the official publication of National geographical society based in October, 1888. The magazine is issued in several countries and in different languages.The magazine specializes on articles about geography,  nature, history, science and culture. Materials are supplied with a large number of photos.It's the coolest magazine, which I know)

The Daily Mirror — the British tabloid based in 1903. The newspaper circulation as of June, 2011 makes 1 170 541 copies.The Sunday Mirror — Sunday release of The Daily Mirror. The first number was issued in 1915.The position of the editor of Sunday release is occupied by Tina Weaver.

I have heard a lot about the magazine "Times", so I remember it. Probably for the upper class people it is more important than for me personally. I know English is not as good as I would like to easily watch TV or read magazines in English.

"Voice of America" ​​- the radio station headquartered in Washington, DC (United States), which broadcasts in English and 45 other languages. The basis of the ether "Voice of America" make news, information and cultural programs. "Voice of America" ​​first aired on February 24, 1942. "We'll talk about America and the war news can be good or bad - we'll tell you the truth," - these words radio station began broadcasting. "Voice of America" was created in opposition to Goebbels's propaganda machine.

Discovery Channel  is an American satellite and cable specialty channel founded by John Hendricks.  It provides documentary television programming focused primarily on popular science, technology, and history.

BBC World News is the BBC's international news and current affairs television channel. It has the largest audience of any BBC channel in the world. Launched on 11 March 1991 as BBC World Service Television outside of Europe, with its name changed to BBC World in 1995 and to BBC World News in 2008, it broadcasts for 24-hours with television programming including BBC News bulletins, documentaries, lifestyle programmes and interviews. It employs more correspondents, reporters, and international bureaus than any other news channel.http://s3.uploads.ru/t/KemBF.jpg

Forbes - American Journal of Finance and Economics. Forbes magazine gives readers the stories of successful projects and their products, stories about the failures of projects and their causes, life and work of well-known entrepreneurs, the causes and consequences of high-profile events, rankings of the richest people in the world, the biggest fees showbiz stars and athletes, revenues and expenses, business tricks.
Forbes is a leading business magazine in the worldhttp://s2.uploads.ru/Y8dkZ.jpg

Отредактировано Юлия Герасимова (2013-04-17 17:03:23)

My favorite foreign mass media is BBC. It is British network including TV-, radio- and Internet mass media.  BBC was founded on 18 October 1922 and now it is one of largest media corporations in the World. And I start all my mornings with news of the BBC Russian Service.
http://s2.uploads.ru/t/jTUBp.jpg

i know a lot of foreign magazines! for ex: Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, GQ and other
as for me , i very like it!
There are better and more beautiful magazines than Russian edition.

Вы здесь » Изучаем английский язык » MASS MEDIA » What foreign mass media do U know and what do U know about them?

Рейтинг форумов | Создать форум бесплатно